BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Trainer to Cotto: Hire me, you will KO Pacquiao

FAMOUS boxing trainer Emmanuel Steward sees WBO welterweight champion Miguel Cotto knocking out Manny Pacquiao on Nov. 15 (RP time) in Las Vegas.

That is if the Puerto Rican champion hires him.

Steward feels that if he will train Cotto, the Puerto Rican will have a huge chance of beating the best fighter in the world.

“Up until now, nobody has communicated with me (from Cotto’s camp) but I would love to be able to have the opportunity to work with Miguel. If we reach an agreement, I don’t have any doubts that Miguel will knock Pacquiao out,” Steward said in a report posted at BoxingScene.com.

Steward has trained some of the best fighters in history, including world champions and legends Thomas Hearns, Julio Cesar Chavez, Oscar de la Hoya, Evander Holyfield and Lennox Lewis.

He hopes Miguel Cotto will join that list.

“I am one of the few people who gives Miguel a big shot to win that fight by boxing,” said Steward, acknowledging that Pacquiao is the odds-on favorite to win the fight.

Steward said going to the body will be Cotto’s best weapon against Pacquiao, who was knocked out once in his career by a body shot.

Credit

“Miguel is perhaps the best boxer to go to the body. I have seen some skills that can be improved and I know he can knock Pacquiao out,” said the Hall-of-Fame trainer.

Steward said he wants to train the 28-year-old Cotto because of his courage inside the ring, his heart and will to win.

“Miguel does not get the credit that he deserves and I know that a lot of people do not give him a shot at beating Pacquiao, but I do,” said Steward.

0 comments: